Asus is looking to diversify is operations in India and its tablets form an integral part of the same. It has now officially launched its latest tablet named Asus Fonepad 7 in the Indian market at the price of Rs. 17,499. The fact that it runs on an Intel processor separates it from the rest of the pack.
Let us have a quick look at the chief features of this device:
- Built: This tablet is about 10.5 mm thick and weighs approximately 340 grams.
- Display: The Asus Fonepad 7 carries a capacitive HD IPS LED backlit multi-touch display of 7 inches that offers a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels. The screen comes with smudge resistant coat that also prevents fingerprints.
- Processor: This device has been equipped with an Intel Atom Z2560 dual core processor of 1.6 Giga Hertz with Hyper-Threading technology along with a 400MHz PowerVR SGX544 GPU.
- Operating System: This tablet will work on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean platform.
- Camera: The Asus Fonepad 7 has been loaded with a rear camera of 5 mega pixels that offers Full HD 1080p video recording feature. It also supports a front facing shooter of 1.2 mega pixels with 720p video recording feature.
- Memory: This device comes with a RAM of 1 GB and internal memory of 16 GB. It also features expandable memory of up to 64 GB by using a micro SD card.
- Connectivity Feature: The connectivity features incorporated in the Asus Fonepad 7 tablet are Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi, GPS and 3G HSPA.
- Other Features: This device enables you to make voice calls. It features dual-front speakers with ASUS SonicMaster audio technology, customized user interface, Floating App, SuperNote App and other exciting applications and services.
- Battery: This tablet runs on a battery of 3950 mAh that is powerful enough to offer a standby time of 35 days and approximately 28 hours of talk time on 3G and video playback time of about 10 hours.
Our Take: The Asus Fonepad 7 carries pretty standard features. However, in terms of camera, processor and storage capacity, it has significant upgrades over its predecessor. We will have to wait and see how the Intel processor fairs with the rest of competition giving market proven offerings from Qualcomm and Media Tek. However for pure android lovers,looking for a tablet. You can choose the Nexus 7 (2013), soon to be releasing in India also offered by ASUS