HTC, a premium smartphone maker, has launched many new devices this year. One of them was the HTC Desire 500. Now, this smartphone has been launched officially in India.
Quick review: key features of HTC Desire 500:
- Build: The HTC Desire 500 is 131.8 x 66.9 x 9.9 mm dimensions and it weighs approximately 123 grams.
- Display: This smartphone comes with a capacitive TFT touch display of 4.3 inches with a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels.
- Processor: This device has been powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 quad core processor of 1.2 Giga Hertz.
- Operating System: The HTC Desire 500 works on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean version with HTC Sense 5.
- Memory: This smartphone has a RAM of 1 GB and an internal storage of 4 GB. It also features expandable storage capacity of 64 GB by using a micro SD card.
- Camera: This gadget has been equipped with a primary camera of 8 mega pixels with LED flash, auto focus and BSI sensor. It enables you to record 720p videos. It also carries a secondary front facing shooter of 1.6 mega pixels with BSI sensor.
- Connectivity Features: The HTC Desire 500 smartphone offers a wide range of connectivity features such as Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, DLNA, micro USB, GPRS, EDGE, NFC, GPS and 3G.
- Other Features: It is a dual SIM smartphone that supports GSM SIMs only. It also comes with a 3.5 mm audio jack and Beats audio support. It is available in blue and black color variants.
- Battery: This smartphone runs on a Li-polymer battery of 1800 mAh which provides standby time of 401 hours and talk time of about 17 hours.
HTC Desire 500 price and availibility in India:
This phone is available on online retail store flipkart for Rs. 21,490. It is expected to decrease very soon.
Our take on Desire 500:
The HTC Desire 500 is a pretty good smartphone and might offer tough competition in the Indian smartphone market. However, its battery and price may disappoint some.