Samsung Poland has officially unveiled the long rumoured smartphones, Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo and the Note 3 Neo LTE+. These are the cut-down versions of the Galaxy Note 3 to provide S Pen experience at a lower price tag.
In terms of dimensions, the Galaxy Note 3 Neo and Note 3 Neo LTE+ are both identical to the original Note 3. They even feature the same faux-leather plastic back which can be found on Galaxy Note 3. Its battery capacity has been compromised though because of the smaller display (5.5″ instead of 5.7″) which has been downgraded in terms of resolution (to 720p from FHD making a pixel density of 267PPI). The lower screen resolution might not be as crisp as other ‘Retina’ displays. Samsung has used a completely new chipset in the Galaxy Note 3 Neo LTE+. It features a hexa-core Samsung Exynos 5260 processor with two ARM Cortex-A15 CPU cores and four ARM Cortex-A7 CPU cores. The HSPA+ version however will be powered by a regular quad-core Cortex-A7 based processor clocked at 1.6GHz.
The Note 3 Neo is an HSPA+ version and will ship to India with a comparatively slower powered chipset. The phone comes with Android v4.3 Jelly Bean, which is the same Note 3 was released with. There are no signs Samsung’s new UI as rumoured.
Galaxy Note 3 Neo and Note 3 Neo LTE+ Specifications
- Dimensions- 148.4 x 77.4 x 8.6mm, 162.5 grams
- Display - 5.5″ Super AMOLED display with 720p resolution
- Camera - 8MP rear camera with flash and Full HD video recording, 2MP front camera
- Chipset – (HSPA+) 1.6GHz duad-core Cortex-A7 CPU, 2GB RAM. (LTE+) dual-core 1.7GHz Cortex A15 and Quad-core 1.3GHz Cortex-A7
- Storage - 16GB built-in memory, expandable via microSD card slot
- Connectivity – (HSPA+ 42Mbps) (LTE+ 150mbps), Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0 (LE), GPS, GLONASS and IR blaster
- Software - Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with TouchWiz UI
- Battery - 3100mAh removable
- Others – S-Pen and S features
Within less than 24 hours of unveiling a German online retailer has listed both the phones for pre-order. The Note 3 Neo LTE+ is priced at 529 Euros while the HSPA+ version retails for 499 Euros. The prices displayed here are for unlocked devices in Europe. The prices are rather too high and almost reaching the price of the original Note 3.