Slimmer, smarter, better – this is the idea in the tech world these days. Following this success mantra, Sony has announced an all new PlayStation Vita handheld. In this device, the Sony labs have managed to burn its fat by 20% as compared to its predecessor. For some other changes, it now has better battery life comes in a bouquet of new colors which are– white, black, blue, yellow, pink, and olive green. As a result, the device looks really smart and easier to handle.
Let us find out the other specifications of the device-
- 5 inch Capacitive LCD display (960X544 pixels)
- Quadcore Cortex A9 MPCore chipset, 512 MB RAM, 1 GB internal memory and 64 GB external storage
- D-Pad, Shoulder buttons, Rear touchpad control
- 3G, GSM, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth support for network
- Stereo, built in mic and 3.5 mm jack for audio input-output
- VGA front and rear cameras
- 2210 mAh battery, micro-USB charger
The improved battery life is going to add another hour of playtime per charging cycle. Hence, the total playtime should be around 6 hours. Its trimmed dimensions make it just 0.73 mm thick and weighs in at a nimble 219 grams. To further complement the device, Sony has also shaved off the price of its proprietary 64GB memory cards in Japan by a significant margin. This trend may be propagated to the rest of the world. Hence, the device may be a little less costly with all its accessories. Presently, Sony is going to sell it at about $199. The new PS Vita is getting launched in Japan today. However, there is announcement yet about its international release. It may not come to India before the start of next year. So, till then you can see how it performs in Japan and the rest of the world.