Well, Gaming has always been an aggressive market. Many companies have tried their hand at it, a few being very successful like Alienware, MSI,Razer etc., while others, just trying to make a cut – like Samsung. But with the new Samsung Series 7 Gamer Edition, I feel that Samsung has finally come to the right track. No more delays now, lets jump into its specifications! (For detailed Tech specs, click here.)
|CPU:||Intel Core i7-3610QM (4 Cores 8 Threads)|
|RAM:||8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3|
|GPU:||2GB ATI Mobility Radeon HD7870 GDDR5|
|Storage:||128GB SSD + 1 TB HDD|
|Display:||17.3″ Full HD 3D SuperBright 400nit LED|
|OS:||Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit|
- Well, as you see, the new Series 7 Gamer edition is beefy. Not only in looks, but also with specifications.
- Upgrading to an Ivy Bridge Quad core processor sure makes it future proof. The i7-3610QM is highly efficient and has improved performance in gaming, making it a good option. Adding an 8GB RAM at stock, is fine. Nowadays 8GB is becoming a standard that 4GB was. You can later upgrade to 16GB or even 32GB(If you are lucky).
- The new ATI Mobility Radeon HD7870 is the main focus now. It is without any doubt one of the fastest mobile GPUs available in market. Now, this should give a breath of relief for us all, as its performance is equal to GTX680M according to benchmarks.
- Adding a top-class GPU is a necessity for a Gamer edition, but Samsung went one more step furtherby adding a Full HD(1920x1080p) 3D Screen. At this resolution in 3D, it would be difficult to assess the gaming performance, but it should be easily playable thanks to the GPU.
- Well, Gaming laptops are meant to be FAT with fans spinning all the time, so the thick frame ensures clear passage of air. Hope it has good vents.
- It is not as much portable as a normal Notebook, but for a True Gamer,it rarely matters.
- The new Yellow Color is passable, but nothing can be said unless it releases in the market. As the Source link states, it is supposed to release on August 14th in Korea at about 2.99 million Won, i.e. INR 146,605/-
- Considering that amount, it may land at around 1.5L or 1.6L, making it an alternative to the Giant, Alienware M17x.