Amazon has recently dropped the prices of its Kindle Fire HD tablet and now it has officially announced the new Kindle Fire HDX tablets. These tablets, Amazon claims, are lighter, thinner and faster than the earlier ones. Let us have a look at the chief features and specifications of the Kindle Fire HDX 7 and Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 tablets:
- Display: The Kindle Fire HDX 7 features a capacitive display of 7 inches, a resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels and pixel density of 323 ppi. On the other hand, the Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 comes with an 8.9 touch display, provides a resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels and pixel density of 339 ppi.
- Processor: The Kindle Fire HDX 7 as well as Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 have been equipped with a quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor of 2.2 Giga Hertz and a GPU of Adreno 330.
- Operating System: Both the tablets will function on Android Jelly Bean based Fire operating system 3.0 ‘Mojito’. It will ensure better and smoother performance.
- Memory: The Kindle Fire HDX 7 and Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 carry a RAM of 2 GB and are available in 3 variants with 16/ 32/ 64 GB internal memory capacity.
- Camera: The Kindle Fire HDX 7 features a front facing HD camera. While the Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 carries an 8 mega pixel primary camera and a front facing HD camera.
- Other Features: The Kindle Fire HDX 7 and Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 offer dual band Wi-Fi connectivity option. It also features dual stereo speakers with Dolby audio for superior sound quality.
- Price: The US pricing of the Kindle Fire HDX 7 starts from $229 where as the pricing of Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 starts from $379.
Both, Kindle Fire HDX 7 and Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, are very functional tablets with great features and services. They carry supreme and latest technology and are going to increase the competition in the market. Potential tablet buyers must consider these two options.