Amazon is very well known for manufacturing excellent quality tablet that offers praiseworthy features and services. It has now announced an upgraded version of its popular tablet Kindle Fire HD. This refreshed version is referred to as New Kindle Fire HD. Let us have a quick look at the key features and specifications of the New Kindle Fire HD tablet:
- Built: The dimensions of this device are 191 x 128 x 10.6 mm and it weighs approximately 345 grams.
- Display: It features a capacitive IPS touch display of 7 inches with a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels and a pixel density of 216 ppi.
- Processor: This tablet has been powered by a dual core processor of 1.5 Giga Hertz.
- Operating System: This tablet functions on Android Jelly Bean based Fire operating system 3.0 Mojito.
- Memory: The New Kindle Fire HD comes with a RAM of 1 GB and internal storage capacity of 8 GB and 16 GB with user memory of 5.1 GB and 12.2 GB respectively.
- Connectivity Features: The connectivity features included in this device are Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, micro USB 2.0 and dual band.
- Other Features: The New Kindle Fire HD comes with a 3.5 mm audio jack, gyroscope, accelerometer, integrated dual stereo speakers and Dolby Digital Plus audio engine that ensure superior sound quality. Kindle FreeTime offers better parental control over content and in setting time limits.
- Battery: It has been equipped with a battery powerful enough to provide battery life of about 10 hours for mixed use.
- Price: The New Kindle Fire HD will be available at the price of $139. One can also pre order this device from Amazon in US. Shipping will start from 22 October.
Our Take: The New Kindle Fire HD has some amazing features and latest technology. It is going to be a premium choice for tablet buyers. Even at an increased price, it is more affordable than the Nexus 7.