Blackberry is stumbling like a pack of cards. After an attempt to overhaul their OS and launching the Z10, things are not getting better for the Canadian company. Amid the rumours of a takeover, Blackberry has now launched its latest smartphone Z30 in the Indian market. This device will be available at the a price of Rs. 39,990 at top retail stores from next week. Blackberry Z30 was first unveiled globally at an event in September this year.
- Display: The Blackberry Z30 sports a capacitive Super AMOLED touch display of 5 inches with a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels.
- Processor: This smartphone has been equipped with a Qualcomm Snapdragon dual core processor clocked at 1.7 Giga Hertz along with Adreno 320 GPU.
- Operating System: The Blackberry Z30 functions on Blackberry 10.2 platform.
- Camera: This device features a primary camera of 8 mega pixels with pretty awesome features. It also comes with a secondary camera of 2 mega pixels for making video calls.
- Memory: This smartphone features a RAM of 2 GB and an internal storage capacity of 16 GB. It also offers expandable storage capacity of up to 64 GB by using a micro SD card.
- Other Features: The Blackberry Z30 features four stereo speakers that ensure Blackberry Natural Sound. This device also carries Blackberry Paratek Antennae that helps in offering fast data transfers.
- Battery: This smartphone runs on a battery of 2880 mAh which is good enough to last you a day at least.
- OS: This phone will come with Blackberry OS 10.2 out of the box.
Our Take: The Blackberry Z30 is just an iterative improvement over the Z10 in both hardware and software fronts. And now with the BBM service available on other platforms, the Z30 looses the one last advantage it had with the Blackberry name. With no ecosystem of Apps to support this device, We wonder how many loyalists will give this device a chance.