Narendra Modi has just been announced as the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate. And on the sidelines of the announcement, we bring to you an exclusive piece of information. The Smart NAMO mobiles that were announced a while ago are all set to be made available this week in association with Snapdeal for starters. The company will launch the Saffron One and Smart Namo Phablet 6.5 this week. Here’s a look at their prices and then we’ll jump to their specifications:
- Saffron One: 16GB internal memory + 1GB RAM: Rs 18,000
- Saffron One: 32GB internal mmory + 2GB RAM: Rs 23,000
- Smart Namo phablet: Rs 24,000
Now let us have a look at the specifications of the Saffron One which will be available in two guises:
- Display: 5 inch Corning Gorilla Glass 2 display unit with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- Operating System: Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean but the company has promised OTA updates regarding the same.
- Processor: It will come shod with a Mediatek MTK6589 Turbo quad core processor with the clock speed being 1.5GHz and it will be based on Cortex A7 architecture
- RAM: 1GB/2GB
- Internal Storage: 16GB/32GB
- Expandable memory: Upto 64GB of storage can be availed with the help of a microSD card
- Camera: 13 MP autofocus rear camera with LED flash and a 5.0 MP front camera
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (GSM+GSM), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and 3G will be there to help you remain connected at all times
- Battery: A 2,500 mAh battery unit will be giving it the juice to last for a little less than a day
- Colours: Titanium Black and Enamel White
- Price: Rs 18,000/23,000
Talking about the flagship phablet, the Smart Namo phablet will go on sale for Rs 24,000 which is a bit more than the Rs 21,111 which was stated when it was first showcased. Let us have a look at its specifications here:
- Display: 6.5 inch full HD display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. This will be the only device bigger than the Xperia Z Ultra on sale with a full HD resolution.
- Operating System: It will run on Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean which is the latest version of Android.
- Processor: Like its younger sibling, it will come with a 1.5GHz quad core Mediatek MTK6589 Turbo processor
- RAM: 2GB
- Memory and Storage: It will come shod with an internal storage capacity of 32GB and will have the option to expand it by another 32GB with the help of a microSD card
- Camera: It has the same 13 MP rear camera with LED flash like the Saffron One and a 5.0 MP front-facing camera
- Connectivity: It has covered all its connectivity bases pretty well with Dual SIM (GSM+GSM), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, HDMI support and 3G being made available.
- Battery: Powering this mammoth device will be a 3,150 mAh battery unit
- Price: Rs 24,000
Our take: Both the smartphones offer a more than decent package but seem to be priced a bit high considering the fact that it’s a new brand. They will go on sale this week on Snapdeal.
Stay tuned for more such updates.