Taiwan based mobile handset maker HTC has launched its new HTC Butterfly S smartphone on online retail website Snapdeal. More retailers have also followed the suite. At the current price, this becomes the most expensive smartphone available in India. For sure, the expectations are going to be high. We have dissected the device for you.
Here are the most significant specifications -
- 5-inch Full HD 1080p display with Corning Glass 3 technology to protect the screen from scratches and dust.
- 1.9GHz processor
- Android v4.2 (Jelly Bean) OS
- HTC Sense and BlinkFeed
- 4 MP HTC Ultrapixel Camera with LED flash
- 2.1 MP front camera
- Internal memory of 16 GB which is expandable up to 64 GB via MicroSD card
- 2G, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, microUSB 2.0 and NFC for connecting to the rest of the world
- Embedded rechargeable Li-polymer battery with talk time of up to 25 hours and a stand by time of up to 659 hours for 3G Network
- 25GB of free Dropbox storage
While the looks take away your heart at the first glance, the price is enough to break your heart. The device comes for a whooping Rs 52,500. Looking at the specifications, one just wonders why is it so expensive. Moreover, many better offerings from Samsung as well as Apple are available for lesser price. For example, the corresponding 16GB Apple iPhone 5 costs Rs 45,500, while its top-end 64GB variant has been priced at Rs 59,500. In terms of its features and specifications, it will be up against the likes of Samsung Galaxy S4, Sony Xperia Z, LG Optimus G Pro and its siblings HTC One and Butterfly, Apple iPhone 5, Nokia Lumia 925 and BlackBerry Z10 and Q10. Let us see where it stands in this league when it is arrives in the market tomorrow.