Huawei, world’s fourth largest smartphone maker beating Blackberry and Nokia, will bring out its Ascend P6 to the Indian market. considered to be the thinnest smartphone in the world, will be launched in India very soon. The 120 gms phone was recently on show in the UK and was measured 6.18 mm in thickness, hence making it slimmest in the smartphone universe so far.
Currently, the device is listed on the online retail site Saholic’s website without any mention about its price. However, its price in the Europe is about 499 Euros and it is expected to be priced around the same tag in India.
The key features of the device are as follows-
- Android 4.2 operating system
- 1.5 GHz quad core processor
- 2 GB RAM, 8 GB internal memory, and 32 GB of expandable storage slot
- 8 megapixel rear camera with autofocus and LED flash and a 5 megapixel front camera for self portrait and video chat. These cameras can capture high definition (720p) videos
- 2000 mAh battery
- Dual SIM (3G+3G) with dual standby
- 3G, Wi-Fi, EDGE, Bluetooth and GPRS connectivity options
- FM radio with 3.5 mm jack
Its slimness may well be the game changer as the device is 1.4 mm slimmer than the iPhone 5 and a magnificent 3.1 mm slimmer than the HTC One, which is the closest Android phone to this in terms of look and feel. It is available in 3 colors- Black, Pink and White. The
device is last in the successful P series and the company plans to come out with a different series starting next year. Despite being ahead of Nokia and Blackberry, Huawei is a name people hardly associate with smartphones in India. The company needs to change this soon if it wants to stay in the business with a strong footing in the country. For this, they need to come up with innovative and aggressive ad campaigns to catch eyeballs.
They have the right products with them and if they market them well, we very could have a winner on our hands.