While focus on premium segment drives fat margins for the handset makers, many players have focused solely on the mass segment to bring in volumes. Intex has chosen the midway course by adopting half of both the strategies as it churns out products for both the segments.
Recently, the company has announced further launches to extend its cloud range. The new entry level, Android based 3G smartphones are named Cloud X4 and Cloud Y2 respectively and are follow up launches after the likes of Cloud X3 and Cloud X5 being launched in the recent past.
The smartphones offer very competitive features within their price range.
Let us have a look at the key features of both the devices-For Cloud X4
- Android 4.2 operating system
- 3.5 inch screen
- 1 GHz processor
- Dual SIM card
- 256 MB RAM, 512 MB internal memory and micro SD card for memory expansion upto 32 GB
- 3.2 megapixel rear camera and a front camera
- 1500 mAh battery for 7 hours of talktime and 300 hours of standby time
- 3G, EDGE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, WAP and GRPS
- Android 4.2 OS
- 4 inch screen (480X800 pixels display)
- 1.2 GHz dual core processor
- Dual SIM
- 512 MB RAM, 4 GB internal memory and an expansion capacity of upto 32 GB.
- 5 megapixel rear camera and 1.3 megapixel front facing camera.
- Battery same as X4
- 3G, EDGE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, WAP and GPRS
While both these devices offer an array of connectivity options,with the hardware capacity the experience part seems to be tricky.
On the entertainment front, both the devices can run applications like Intex Play, Intex Life Box, Intex Zone, Intex movies, Youtube, Facebook, Skype and Hungama.
While Cloud X4 is price tagged at Rs 4,590, Cloud Y2 is up for sale at Rs 6,190. The phones are offered in two different color options- Black and White. The only challenge for the devices will be the clustered segment where almost every handset maker is present. However, considering the prices vs offering, the devices are well payback for your money.