The hardcore Apple fans and loyalists wait for every upcoming launch and rush to grab the first roll-outs from the factory. However, there is another league which waits for these launches so that the previous generation becomes a bit more affordable. And this price cut happens invariably.
Post the launch of the brand new iPhone 5S, the iPhone 5 is now available for Rs 40,948 on Snapdeal and in the range of Rs 40k-41k on many other online sales portals. Amidst the launch of iPhone 5S and 5c, this drop will give a fresh lease of life to the iPhone 5. With the revised price in mind, let us revise the specifications of iPhone 5-
- Display 4 inch (1136 x 640 pixels) retina display multi touch screen with scratch resistant glass
- Internal Storage 16/32/64 GB internal memory with no card slot for further extension
- Dimensions and Build 4.87 x 2.31x 0.3 inch aluminum and glass body
- Processor: 1. 2 GHz Apple A6 processor
- RAM: 1GB
- Camera 8 MP rear camera with features like face detection, tap to focus, photo and video geo tagging, video stabilizer, video recording and multi-shots
- Operating System iOS 6 Operating System
- Network Connectivity: 2 G, 3G, 4G LTE support
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, GPS and Bluetooth
- Battery: 1,440 mAh battery which provides up to 8 hours of talktime
The 4 inch screen size and a poor battery do not do well to Apple’s reputation. Similarly, the mapping feature and the connector socket also do not produce any delightful experience. However, we know that the newly unveiled iPhone 5S is also not any dramatic improvement over iPhone 5. Even the newly launched iOS also looks like a mish-mash of some features of Windows and Google’s Android. So, rather than spending your money on the latest arrival, it makes a sense to save some money and buy yourself an iPhone 5 if you were planning to buy a high end smartphone.