China based handset maker Lenovo has shaved off the price of its mid range smart phone, Lenovo S820 by a fraction. The device, when launched in July this, was priced at Rs 19,599. However, now it can be availed for Rs 18,999 on Lenovo stores across the country. Also, it was not available across leading online e-commerce stores but the same has just become available.
The key specs of the device are as follows-
- 4.7-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS 2.5D curved glass display
- 1.2 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6589 processor
- Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) Operating System
- Dual SIM (GSM + GSM) with dual standby
- 8.9mm thick body
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash along with a 2MP front-facing camera for video chats and self shots
- 3.5mm audio jack for FM and music player
- 1GB RAM, 4GB internal memory, 32GB expandable memory with MicroSD card slot
- 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, GPS/A-GPS for network support
- 2000mAh battery for 25 hours’ on 2G, 12 hours’ on 3G, and up to 20 days’ active standby.
- The rear camera can capture 100 consecutive shots in burst mode and can shoot stills white recording videos. Its Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) with Lenovo’s custom UI on top provides a very good user interface for this range of phones.
The dip may not be significant but it actually works as an intervention to revive the visibility for the device. While the real reason for such dip in the price is not known, it can be attributed to the new launches that may be in the pipeline. With this price cut, it does not make any significant threat to any other device in the segment. Moreover, we have been writing this time and again that Lenovo is yet to establish itself as smartphone maker. However, as a standalone, with its powerful camera, processor and infotainment features, this smartphone makes for a good buy recommendation.