If you listened to “wake me up when September ends” and decided to follow the song, you will miss out on perhaps the last high end smartphone launch of this month. The Seoul, South Korea based smartphone South Korean manufacturer has released its latest Android based smartphone G2 in India. The initial price of the 16 GB and 32 GB version is kept at Rs 41,500 and Rs 44,500. Here are the key specifications of the phone are as follows-
- Display-5.2-inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) full HD True HD-IPS + LCD capacitive touchscreen with Corning Gorilla Glass 2 technology for protection against scratches
- Dimension- 138.5 x 70.9 x 8.9 mm with 143 g weight
- Operating System- Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Chipset and processor- Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 with Quad-core 2.26 GHz Krait 400 processor
- Memory- 2 GB RAM, 16/32 GB internal memory with no microSD card slot for further expansion
- Camera- 13 MP primary camera with features like autofocus and LED flash, 2.1 MP secondary camera for high quality video chats and self shots
- Battery- 3,000mAh battery for a standby time of more than 350 hours
- Connectivity- 2G, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, infrared, GPRS, EDGE and microUSB 2.0 port
The device will have to face the heat generated by the latest launches including iPhone 5S and 5C, Nokia Lumia 1020, HTC One and Sony Xperia Z1 Ultra. The differentiators will be the sound and camera quality. Apart from this, the device has got some unique design elements. The power/lock and volume keys are placed on the back side rather than on the sides or top. A separate graphics memory also helps in smooth functioning of the multimedia files and saves on the battery life.
While the device is a perfect offer on the price and features front, the key question is will you spend almost the same amount for which you can get an iPhone 5 S? Do let me know in your comments.