Amidst the heated up preparations to globally roll out the new LG G2 smartphone, the company has come out with another mid ranged smartphone, namely LG Optimus L9 II. It was only last week that the features of this device were talked about in various online leaks.
Now the suspense is all over as the company has globally launched the device in Netherlands and the official release does not differ much from the rumours. With this launch, the South-Korean handset maker has completed the launch of its second generation of L series smartphones.
Let us look at the features of LG Optimus L9 II -
- 4.7-inch True HD IPS display (720 by 1280 pixels)
- 1.4 GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 MSM8320 processor with Adreno 305 GPU
- 8GB of internal storage with expandable storage via microSD card and 1GB of RAM
- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean operating system out of the box
- 8-megapixel rear camera with backside sensor illumination (BSI) feature and 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera for self portrait and video chats
- 2150 mAh battery to give more than 350 hours of standby time
- Infrared transmitter for Quick-Remote to use the device as a remote control for many devices at your home
- 3G, Wi-Fi, EDGE, GPRS and Bluetooth options for connectivity options
While the price and time of rollout has not been announced yet, it is believed that the phone will be up for sale, starting the October this year. The specifications sound cool for a mid range smartphone. Specially, with its processor capabilities, it will make for a very good device for gaming, watching movies and other computing related needs. Now, we need to compare the price viability of the phone against the peers. Till then, just wait for the further announcements by the company.