Micromax is the second largest vendor in the Indian Smartphone market. It has always received much adulation for manufacturing premium affordable smartphones. It has recently listed another such handset named Micromax Bolt A40 which is expected to be launched at Rs 4,000.
Let us have a quick review of some of the chief features and specifications of Micromax Bolt A40:
- Display: It comes with a capacitive TFT touch display of 4.5 inches. It offers a resolution of 480 x 854 pixels. It supports 16 million colors.
- Processor: The Micromax Bolt A40 has been powered by a Spreadtrum SC6820 processor of 1 Giga Hertz.
- Operating System: It will function on Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread version.
- Memory: This device comes with a RAM of 512 MB, ROM of 512 MB and an expandable memory of up to 32 GB with the help of a micro SD card.
- Camera: This Smartphone supports a rear camera of 2 mega pixels with zoom and flash features. It also comes with a VGA front facing camera of 0.3 mega pixel.
- Connectivity Features: The connectivity options included in Micromax Bolt A40 are Bluetooth 2.1, Micro USB 2.0, 2G EDGE, GPRS and Wi-Fi.
- Other Features: It features FM Radio and a 3.5 mm audio jack. It is a dual SIM phone that supports GSM SIMs. Also, there are some pre loaded applications in this device, such as M!Live, Opera Mini, EYE Room, Hike and 3 in 1 Bubbles.
- Battery: This Smartphone works on a Li-ion battery of 1, 500 mAh which can provide talk time of about 4.5 hours and standby time of approximately 175 hours.
- Price: The Micromax Bolt A40 is available at the price of just Rs. 4, 000.
Our Take: Micromax Bolt A40 is yet another budget Smartphone with some decent features. However, its operating system is a major disappointment as in today’s time many smartphones within the same range come with Android 4.2 Jelly Bean version. But it carries some good applications and services for functionality as well as entertainment.