Micromax, the second largest smartphone vendor, has now decided to collaborate with Aircel, a popular network provider, in order to offer bundled offers on 3G Dongles and smartphones. This partnership between these two companies is more than offers and bundling. As per the details, Micromax and Aircel will now be sharing Sale Resources, Retail networks and Channel. They will have an activation program for integrated device sales. New Aircel customers will receive reverse bundling handset offers worth about Rs. 12,000.
These details reveal that Micromax and Aircel will now be retail partners. This implicates that Aircel stores will be displaying Micromax phones. By doing so, both the firms will gain advantage of sale resources and channels. This tie up will provide Micromax with a predictably huge expansion, more than Aircel which is already enjoying a robust network.
The integrated approach that they have adopted means that all Micromax devices which will be sold via Aircel will come with a pre installed SIM. By taking advantage of the reverse bundling offer, Aircel will be offering data as well as call packages related to that device to the customers, just as they had presented for the iPhones. Let us have a quick look at some of the key details regarding the Micromax-Aircel bundles:
- Local calls can be made at 1p per 2 seconds and STD calls at 1p per 3 seconds.
- WAP content, such as Video and Music services can be availed for free for 3 months.
- Internet TV app will be available free of cost for 3 months.
- 2G mobile phones will not get the Internet TV app.
- 3G Dongles will receive 500MB free for a period of 3 months.
- All smartphones will receive 2 GB of 3G data for a period of 2 months.