Last week, we heard a news about Lenovo acquiring Motorola Mobility from Google for $2.91 billion. However, this factor didn’t stop Motorola from launching the much awaited Moto G in India on February 5th. India’s most reputed e-commerce website Flipkart will be Motorola’s exclusive launch partner for Moto G, according to their recent Facebook teasers. As expected, the Moto G gets greeted with a separate page dedicated to tracking the device launch, availability and lots of special offers for consumer buying the device on launch date.
The Moto G is ideally sized at 4.5 inches, add to that a crisp 1280 x 720 pixels display. In the device lies a 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 Quad-core processor, unlike the MediaTek processor seen in most Chinese and Indian handsets in this price range. The screen gets added protection via Corning Gorilla Glass 3, pretty impressive at the given price tag. The 5 MP primary camera comes with features like HDR, and is capable of recording 720p at 30 fps and slow motion videos at 60 fps. It also has a 1.3 MP secondary camera for HD selfies and video calls/recording. The device will come with Android 4.3 but will be readily upgradable to Android 4.4.2 KitKat, the latest version of the Android operating system. The Moto G also provides an option with dual SIM card slots. The device is equipped with a 2070 mAh battery and 1 GB RAM. The Moto G is one of the most awaited smartphones of the year due to its exceptional value for money and device quality.
Moto G Hardware Specifications & Software Features
- 4.5 inch IPS LCD display, 1280 x 720 pixels (329 ppi), Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, Adreno 305 GPU, 1 GB RAM
- 5 MP primary camera with HDR, 720p HD 30fps video recording, slow-motion 720p video recording @ 60fps
- 1.3 MP secondary camera, 720p HD 30fps video recording
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat (update available)
- 8/16 GB storage variants
- Dual SIM (optional)
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, 3G, Bluetooth 4.0, GLONASS A-GPS, NFC, MicroUSB v2.0
- 2070 mAh Li-Ion battery (non-removable)
The device will be available in two storage variants; the 8 GB variant will be priced at $179, and the 16 GB variant priced at $199. However, the device is expected to cost around Rs 15,000 when it enters India but the official Indian price isn’t available as of now.