Nokia has been going about aggressively in the Indian market and has been on a launch spree of all sorts off late. It has been launching Windows smartphones and that too at regular intervals. It was only recently that its penultimate flagship, the Lumia 925 was launched in India for Rs 33,999 and now its biggest smartphone in terms of screen size, the Lumia 625 has got itself a price tag. It is available on flipkart for Rs 19,499 and can be pre-ordered right away. The device is expected to be launched in the 5th week of August.
Here’s a look at the specifications of the device:
- Screen: 4.7 inches with a resolution of 800 x 480 pixels
- Operating System: Windows Phone 8
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8930 Snapdragon
- Processor: It comes shod with a 1.2GHz Krait Dual core processor that will run the device pretty smoothly.
- RAM: The processor will be teaming up with a 512MB RAM to ensure that you can multitask easily. More and more apps on the Windows Phone marketplace these days are getting optimised for devices with 512 MB RAM
- Memory: It will come with 8GB of internal storage which will be available for expansion by another 64GB with the help of a microSD card.
- Camera: 5MP rear camera with LED flash and a VGA front camera will be made available.
- Connectivity: It gets 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC for connectivity. It also supports 4G LTE but seeing the fact that India does not have a pan country 4G network, you’ll have to suffice with 3G.
- Battery: 2,000 mAh
- Colours Available: Orange, Green, Yellow, Black and white
- Price: Rs 19,499
The smartphone appears to be priced on the costlier side of things and it might not find a lot of takers. Lumia 820 which offers specs way better than this one costs similarly and has a smaller screen. The premium Nokia seems to be asking for a big screen is not justified. However, pre-order prices tend to be on the higher side of things and the actual launch price of the device might be less.
The device will be launched in the coming week and we’ll know all about it then.