Jolla has recently announced that it will be manufacturing its first generating smartphone soon. This smartphone, named Jolla, has already created so much buzz among the gadget and technology enthusiasts. During the earlier announcement no specifications of the device were revealed. However, official specifications of this smartphone have now surfaced over internet. These specifications have provided potential buyers with the information regarding what to expect. Let us have a good look at some of the key specifications and features of the Jolla smartphone:
- Display: This smartphone will feature a capacitive Jolla Estrade qHD touch display of 4.5 inches. It will offer a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels.
- Processor: The Jolla smartphone has been powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon dual core processor of 1.4 Giga Hertz.
- Operating System: This device will function on the gesture based Sailfish operating system. However, this OS has been optimized in order to support Android based applications.
- Camera: The Jolla smartphone has been equipped with a powerful 8 mega pixel AF primary camera with LED flash. It also features a secondary front facing shooter of 2 mega pixels.
- Memory: It carries a RAM of 1 GB. The Jolla has an inbuilt storage capacity of 16 GB and offers expandable memory option with the help of a micro SD card slot.
- Battery: This device works on a battery of 2,100 mAh. The battery is user replaceable.
- Price: This smartphone has been currently priced at €399, i.e. about $540.
Our Take: Jolla has incorporated great technology, excellent features and brilliant services in this smartphone. It has a very eye pleasing and aesthetic design. This smartphone, with its good battery, ample storage, fine camera and decent battery, is going to pose tough competition in the market of smartphones. However, this device has been a little over priced. The Company is aiming to start the shipping of Jolla smartphone by 2013’s end.