When the wind is helping you, you should sail as much as you can. This is precisely everyone player in the electronics doing these days. Computing giant Acer has come up with its new 10-inch Android tablet named Iconia A3. The device comes with two connectivity options- Wi-Fi only and Wi-Fi+3G. While the Wi-Fi only variant will be available in Europe, Middle East and Africa by early October for €249, the 3G variant will be out for sale during early November for €299.
So far, there is no word on by when, the phablet will be seen in India. In any case, do not expect it to be shipped before early next year. In the meanwhile, you can have a look at the specifications.
- 10.1-inch WXGA IPS display with 1,280×800 pixels resolution
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Out of the Box Operating System
- Quad-core cortex A7 processor ticking at 1.2GHz
- 16GB and 32GB versions for internal memory with expansion through microSD card
- microHDMI port, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and 3G (only on 3G version) connectivity support
- Dolby Digital Plus with a virtualized 5.1-channel for a delight for your headphones
- 10.15mm thick and has got less than 600 grams of weight
The battery capacity and RAM has not been specified by the company. However, the press release by Acer claims that the video playback capacity is up to 9 hours. Hence, we can expect a decent battery life.
The biggest differentiating factor is going to be the screen size. With such screen, you won’t miss your laptop anymore while watching films or playing games. So, if you are a movie or a gaming buff, this phablet is made for you.