In the IFA event, Asus launched its latest devices which also included two tablets- Asus Memopad 8 and Asus Memopad 10. Let us have a quick look at some key features of both these tablets:
- Built: The Asus Memopad 8 is about 127 mm thick and weighs only 350 grams where as the Memopad 10 weighs 522 grams.
- Display: The Asus Memopad 8 comes with an IPS capacitive touch display of 8 inches with a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels. On the other hand, Asus Memopad 10 has an IPS touch display of 10 inches with 1280 x 800 pixel resolution.
- Processor: Both, Memopad 8 as well as Memopad 10, have been equipped with a quad core processor of 1.6 Giga hertz.
- Memory: Both the devices carry a RAM of 1 GB. Asus Memopad 8 carries an internal memory of 8 GB. Where as, Asus Memopad 10 comes with internal memory of 8 GB and 16 GB. Both the tablets offer a Micro SD card slot to expand storage.
- Camera: Memopad 8 has been loaded with a rear camera of 5 mega pixels and a front camera of 1.2 mega pixels. It can record videos of 720p. While, Memopad 10 comes with a rear camera of only 2 mega pixels and a front camera of 1.2 mega pixels.
- Battery Life: The Memopad 8 offers a battery life of about 9 hours with HD video playback and Memopad 10 provides a battery life of 9.5 on the same.
- Other Features: Memopad 8 and Memopad 10 have Asus SonicMaster audio technology incorporated in them and carry dual speakers.
No word is out regarding the prices as well as date of availability of Asus Memopad 8 and Memopad 10 in the market.
Our Take: The Memopad 8 and Memopad 10 have brilliant technology and amazing features. However, the camera of Memopad 10 is little disappointing. Memopad 8 appears to be a better device than Memopad 10.