HP has recently taken the wraps off its new device that has been named HP Slate 7 Extreme. And now, on Thursday, it has announced three more tablets in its portfolio. These tablets are a part of HP’s Slate series and have been named Slate 7 HD, Slate 10 HD and Slate 8 Pro.
Let us have a quick look at the key specifications and features of HP Slate 7 HD and Slate 10 HD:
- Display: The Slate 7 HD features a touch display of 7 inches while the Slate 10 HD comes with a capacitive 10 inch display. Both the devices provide a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels.
- Processor: They have been powered by a Cortex A9 Marvell PXA986 dual core processor of 1.2 Giga Hertz.
- Operating System: Both the tablets function on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean version Operating System.
- Camera: The Slate 7HD and Slate 10 HD have been equipped with a primary camera as well as a front facing shooter.
- Memory: They carry a RAM of 1GB and feature expandable memory option with the help of a micro SD card slot.
- Network: They provide network support for 3G and 4G.
- Connectivity Features: Slate 7 HD and 10 HD provides connectivity options including Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and optional 4G support.
- Other Features: They also offer Beats Audio feature that ensures superior audio quality. HP has pre loaded these tablets with some of its unique applications, such as HP Connect Music and HP Connected Photo.
Our Take: Both, HP Slate 7 HD and Slate 10 HD appear to be decent tablets. However, since the information regarding more particular specifications, prices as well as release date has not been revealed yet, it is too early to say something. However, they are expected to be mid range tablets and will be carrying great technology and highly useful services and features. These tablets will prove to be highly functional devices.