Huawei showed off its Ascend P6 today at a press conference that was held at London. The main form factor of the phone is that it is a mere 6.18 mm thick which makes it the slimmest smartphone in the market as quoted by the company. The build is really very elegant looking and the metallic body is a major plus to the looks.
Huawei Ascend P6 specifications:
- The screen sported is a 4.7 inch in cell LCD.
- Resolution is a 720p (not good but not bad either)
- Huawei’s K3V2 chip-set will be used
- It sports a 1.5Ghz Quad-core cortex A9 processor
- 2GB of RAM
- Rear Camera is an 8MP (BSI, F2.0) which is capable of recording videos at 1080p, and the front camera is a 5 MP camera to ensure all those clear self-portraits and video calls.
- The battery is 2000mAh which according to screen size and a quad-core processor has got me worried to doubt whether it’ll manage to last a day. Unless the company really does something with power-saving software or a measure like putting those power thirsty cores to sleep when not required.
- 8GB expandable internal storage
- Connectivity manages a 3G,WiFi (not dual band),Bluetooth 3.0.
- It will run on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
- And will be topped with the Huawei Emotion UI.
- Dual SIM with dual standby support.
Huawei Ascend P6 release date:
The phone is expected to release in China this month while it is rumored to get to western Europe by the end of July, which will then be followed by the rest of the markets.
We feel the phone has been a bit overpriced for what they are offering. According to PCAdvisor, the Ascend P6 will be available for approx. Rs.41,000 (converted from 450 Pounds) with VAT. The main issue i’d face is with the connectivity options. They really should have included 4G LTE to keep in competition with other smartphones in the market. The rest of the equipment the phone is running is brilliant. Maybe the company plans on selling another successor of this phone soon with expected loaded features. But really cant blame the company. How much can they possibly fit into something that is 6.18mm thick, thickness being one of the main USPs of the phone.
Huawei Ascend P6 videos:
The Story Behind Huawei Ascend P6
Huawei Ascend P6 - Elegance with Edge
Huawei Ascend P6 – 2-Minute Encounter