Intex has come up with a new low cost, limited specifications smartphone. The new Intex Aqua I-4 has recently been spotted on the official webpage of the company. It is meant for those who are looking for all new features of Android at the very minimum cost. The basic features of the device are as follows-
- 5 inch capacitive touch screen display
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Operating System
- 8 megapixel rear camera with autofocus and LED flash along with 1.3 MP front camera for clicking self portraits and video chats
- 1.2 GHz dual core processor
- 3.5 mm audio jack, FM radio
- 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth with A2DP and GPS to keep you connected to the rest of the world, all the time.
- Dual SIM (regular SIM+ micro SIM) with dual standby
There are no details available about the RAM, memory capacity or battery life. The device is available in Black and White color options. Its official price has been tagged Rs 9,490. For a device belonging to this segment, it offers substantial good screen size, camera and processor capabilities. Hence, your fun during the gaming, movie or video chat sessions is completely guaranteed. The biggest challenge in the way of good sales of this device is going to be its pricing.
Many players in the low cost segment, including Micromax and Karbonn have recently launched devices with almost similar specification at significantly lesser price. Hence, the company might have missed a trick or two on this front. Perhaps they forgot that ‘Price’ is the most important out of all the 4Ps in the segment they are playing.
The company has not announced the date when this device hits the stores; neither any online retailer has listed it so far. So, many slips are still left before we finally see how this phone works.