Along with Aqua I-4, one more low cost, Android based mobile phone was featured on the official website of Intex. This one is named as Intex Cloud Y5. This has further trimmed down features as compared to Aqua I-4. It runs on a larger display as compared to the earlier phones launched in the same series. However, comes with an older version of Android OS which really dampens the party.
Let’s have a quick look at the key features of the phone-
- 4.5 inch (480X854 pixels) capacitive touch screen display
- 1 GHz dual core process to run the machine
- Dual SIM (GSM + WCDMA) along with dual stand by
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Operating System
- 3.2 MP rear camera with LED flash
- 0.3MP VGA front facing camera for clicking self pictures
- 3.5 mm audio jack, FM radio
- 2G, EDGE, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi options for connectivity
- Preloaded apps including Whatsapp, intex Game Club, Intex Play, Hungama and Intex movies.
Similar to Aqua I-4, no details have been given about the date of availability, RAM, memory specification or battery capabilities. Hence, we will have to wait for sometime to get the complete picture. The device is available in black and white colors. With such front camera specification, you can not get it used for video chat. It can only be used for capturing self shots.
Moreover, although you can have access to Intex Game Club and other multimedia apps, the limited processor capabilities will come in the way of multi-tasking.
Once again, the problem part is the pricing. it is priced at Rs. 6190. With such minimal features for a smartphone, the device is priced too much. The buyers may choose the earlier members of the Cloud Y series due to almost identical specifications and an enticing price differential.