In the Indian low cost smartphone market, the biggest tussle is between Micromax and Karbonn. These two keep surpassing each other and regaining the spots. Recently, Karbonn was rated to be the second best domestic mobile phone manufacturers according to IDC report. To keep the tussle going further, Karbonn has recently launched their latest low cost handset called the Karbonn A8. Currently, it can be ordered at e-commerce sites Saholic, Flipkart, Snapdeal and many others for Rs 6,189.
Let us check out the features of this handset to figure out where it stands in the overall scheme of things as far as this rivalry is concerned-
- 4 inch TFT LCD capacitive touch screen display with WVGA resolution of 800 x 480 pixels
- 1GHz dual core processor
- Android Jelly Bean 4.2 Operating System
- 512MB RAM, 4GB internal storage which can be further enhanced up to 32GB using microSD card
- Dual SIM (3G+3G) with dual standby
- 5MP rear camera with auto focus and LED flash and a 0.3MP front facing camera for self clicks
- 2G/3G, Wi-Fi, USB, GPRS, EDGE, USB and Bluetooth etc options for connectivity
- 1500 mAh Li-Ion battery to give more than 200 hours of stand by time
- Support forGoogle Play, Opera Mini browser, UC Browser, Gmail, Gtalk, Kingsoft Office, Google Search & Voice Search, WhatsApp, Flipboard and Karbonn Live
The device is priced at Rs 6,189 and is expected to hit the stores by the end of this week. It is available in black and white color options. In the cluttered low cost segment, it will have to face-off against the likes of Lava Iris 405, Karbonn Smart A10, XOLO A500S, Byond B63 and Micromax Canvas Fun A74. However, for the people who are looking first smartphone, this one makes a good sense.