Nokia has come up with two feature phones for the Chinese market. Nokia 106 and 107 will be launched anytime before the end of the current quarter. While the Nokia 107 dual-SIM is priced at $25 (about Rs. 1,623), the Nokia 106 is priced at $23 (about Rs. 1,493). The two phones look very identical and are not much different even in terms of their features.
Here are their important features-
- Series 30 platform
- 1.8-inch TFT display.
- Identical dimensions of 112.9 mm x 47.5 mm x 14.9 mm with showcase dust and spill resistant keypads
- Nokia 107 is of 75.8 grams while Nokia 106 weighs 74.2 grams
- Nokia 107 has 1020mAh battery (36 days standby) while Nokia 106 has a battery potential of 800mAh (35 days standby)
- Single GSM SIM for Nokia 106 while Nokia 107 has double (GSM+GSM) SIM
- 16 GB micro SD card slot for Nokia 107 for storage of up to 3,000 songs and a playback capacity of 34.8 hours.
- FM radio and LED light
With almost identical devices with minor differences, the company may have committed the mistake of churning out the redundant products. In such case, the sale of one of the two may remain subdued. Although the Helsinki head-quartered handset maker is trying to bounce back by registering the jump in its smartphone business, it has not turned eyes away from the mass centric feature phones. This is why we keep on seeing the new launches in this segment from Nokia every now and then.
The company has not specified whether or not the device will be launched in India in the coming days. However, considering the similar demographics and the demand trends, one of the two devices may turn out to be a good choice to be rolled out in the Indian market.