XOLO A1000: 5-inch HD display Android smartphone launched for Rs. 13,999
The 5-inch HD Display wielding XOLO A1000 has been launched in India for Rs. 13,999. The smartphone’s launch was reported earlier this week. The Xolo A1000 sports a 5-inch (1280 x 720 resolution) HD IPS display. The device uses the One Glass Solution (OGS) Technology for its display, making it significantly slimmer. It is also reported to offer vivid and sharp visuals as it integrates the touch sensor, display and cover glass into one thus reducing the air gap between all the three. The phone’s dimensions come in at 70.8mm width and 8.8mm thickness.
The device is powered by a 1GHz dual-core Mediatek MT 6577 processor with PowerVR SGX 531 GPU and runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS. We’re seeing this trend being followed by all the budget-premium offerings, such as in the Micromax Canvas HD. On the rear is a 8MP auto focus camera with LED Flash and a BSI (Back Side Illumination) sensor for low-light imaging and on the front is a 1.2MP camera, also with a BSI sensor, thus video chatting in low-light should be significantly improved. A dedicated camera key is built-in to access the camera quickly.
XOLO A1000 Specifications:
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display at 295 PPI
- 1 GHz dual-core Mediatek MT 6577 processor and PowerVR SGX 531 GPU
- Dual SIM (GSM + GSM)
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS
- 8.8mm thickness
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI sensor and HDR
- 1.2MP front-facing camera with BSI sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 1GB RAM, 4GB internal memory, 32GB expandable memory with microSD
- 3G (HSDPA: 7.2 Mbps, HSUPA: 5.7 Mbps), WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2100mAh battery
The XOLO A1000 comes in Black and White colors and is priced at Rs. 13,999.
Salman Ravoof is a mechanical engineer, a freelance writer and an avid science and technology enthusiast. He likes creativity, fantasy and sci-fi genre; revels in experimenting and spends most of his time pondering about the existence of reality.
15 February, 2013