It is being anticipated that LG and Google will be introducing next smartphone with Android 4.4 KitKat version which will be named Nexus 5. The LG-D820 is conjectured to be the Nexus 5. However, according to the GSMInsider, there will be two variants of Nexus 5 for listings for Wi-Fi certification. Thus, LG-D820 is the HSPA+ variant and the LTE variant has been named LG-D821. Recently a few images of the Google Nexus 5 variants have been spotted on Bluetooth SIG.
According to certain rumors, there are some similarities between the Google Nexus 5 and LG G2. However, as per the leaked images, Nexus 5, unlike LG G2, has volume key, camera sensor and power button at its back panel. Let us have a quick look at certain key specifications and features of the Nexus 5 variants:
- Display: It comes with a capacitive full HD 5 inch touch display.
- Processor: It has been powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 MSM8974A quad core processor which ensures great performance and a smooth, hassle free experience.
- Operating system: It works on the Android 4.4 KitKat version.
- Memory: It comes with a RAM of 2 GB. It has an internal storage capacity of 16/ 32 GB.
- Connectivity features: The connectivity options included in the Nexus 5 variants include Bluetooth 4.0, dual band Wi-Fi, Near Field Communication (NFC), EDGE/ quad band GSM, penta-band DC-HSPA+, CDMA / EVDO rev A and 7-band LTE connectivity options.
The Google Nexus 5 is expected to enter the market by October this year. No exact information is out regarding the price of this device. According to the rumors, Nexus 5 has been loaded with great technology. It comes with a wide array of features, applications and services that will make this smartphone a highly functional device. It is expected to become a premium choice for smartphone buyers.