Samsung recently announced a range of its devices in the IFA event this year. Now, it has launched its Galaxy Gear smartwatch in the market at a price of Rs 22,990. By manufacturing such technologically advanced gadgets, Samsung is taking the market by storm and initiating a new technology wave.
Let us have a quick look at some of the chief features and specifications of this device:
- Display: This smartwatch comes with a Super AMOLED display of 1.63 inches.
- Processor: It is powered by a single core processor of 800 Mega Hertz.
- Camera: One of the most prominent features of this smartwatch is its 1.9 mega pixels camera that enables you to take pictures with a flick of your wrist.
- Memory: It comes with a RAM of 512 MB and an internal memory of 4 GB.
- Other Features: The Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch enables the wearer to make as well as receive calls directly from it by first pairing it with an Android enabled and compatible smartphone. It brings all your notifications from various applications and display text messages at one screen only. This smartwatch carries pedometer, gyroscope and an accelerometer. It comes with pre loaded 70 apps; however, you can download and use a wide range of other applications on your Galaxy Gear smartwatch. It also features S voice. The Galaxy Gear offers Bluetooth as a connectivity option.
- Battery: This watch has been equipped with a battery powerful enough to provide 27 hours battery life.
- Price: This device has been launched at the price of Rs. 22, 990.
The Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch is presently compatible with Galaxy Note 10.1 and Galaxy note 3. However, the company is planning to make it compatible with other Galaxy devices, such as Galaxy S3 and S4.
Our Take: Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch is quite a decent gadget with many useful applications. However, it seems to be over priced and seeing the fact that it has a pretty limited compatibility, it might not find as many takers as Samsung would want to.