Samsung, now the world leader of mobile shipments is showing no signs of slowing down. It’s experimentation with different form factors has led to the birth of a new breed of gadgets called the phablets. After the recent announcement of a smart watch, Samsung is now bringing its expertise in display technology to the battlefield with the Galaxy Round. This might well be the first phone to get released with a flexible display. Samsung says it will build a complete experience in terms of software features augmenting the rounded shape of the phone, the notable one among them for now is tilting the phone for battery status.
Coming to specifications, they are quite similar to Note 3. Some of them are :
- Built: The dimensions of Samsung Galaxy Round are 151.1 x 79.6 x 7.9 mm and it weighs approximately 154 grams.
- Display: This smartphone will carry a capacitive Super Flexible AMOLED touch display of 5.7 inches which will offer full HD resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- Processor: It has been powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad core Krait processor with the clock speed ticking at 2.3 Giga Hertz.
- Operating System: The Samsung Galaxy Round will function on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Os and will come with Samsung’s TouchWiz User Interface.
- Memory: This smartphone comes with a RAM of 3G and internal storage capacity of 32 GB. It also features a micro SD card slot in order to provide expandable storage.
- Camera: The Samsung Galaxy Round has been loaded with a powerful 13 mega pixel primary camera. It also features a front facing camera of 2 mega pixels.
- Battery: This device works on a powerful battery of 2,800 mAh.
Samsung feels confident enough that this product will revolutionise the market. We are a little sceptical on how well the rounded function will increase the functionality. Although the fantasy world of foldable phones is still not a reality. This is one small step towards that dream and with this announcement, Samsung gets a head start over others.