The best of Sony is coming to India, promises to change everything
Sony Mobile India has posted a teaser image on its facebook page hinting that everything is about to change come 6th March 2013. The phone in the background can be the one and only Sony Xperia Z, which can be ascertained from the bold metallic power button on the side.
The Sony Xperia Z, codenamed ‘Yuga’, was launched at CES 2013 held in Las Vegas this January. Its lesser sibling, the Xperia ZL, dubbed ‘Odin’, was also launched along with it. The smartphone is targeted towards the Samsung Galaxy Note series and the other flagships at 5-inches, and will include a display with 1080p resolution which provides an amazing pixel density on screen. The new Exmor RS image sensor and lens package, which is an exclusive for the Xperia Z, is expected to deliver great low-light performance and rich video quality, thanks to the ability to record even moving images in HDR mode.
Sony Xperia Z Specifications:
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), upgradable to Android 4.2
- 13 MP camera with LED Flash, Exmor RS sensor for HDR images and video
- 5-inch Full HD (1920×1080 pixels) Reality display with mobile Bravia Engine 2.
- 2.2 MP 720p front-facing camera
- Water and Dust Resistant (IP55 and IP57)
- 7.9mm thickness
- 146g weight
- One-touch mirroring
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, memory expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 820.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC
- 2330mAh battery
The Xperia Z will be launching in black, white and purple colour variants, and by all counts, it looks like it will be launching on 6th March in India. The price is yet to be announced, perhaps Sony will unveil it at the aforementioned date.
Salman Ravoof is a freelance writer, a mechanical engineer and an avid science and technology enthusiast. He likes creativity and is a great fan of fantasy and sci-fi genre. When not busy, he revels in experimenting and spends most of his time pondering about the existence of reality.
2 March, 2013