Micromax Funbook P300 Jelly Bean Custom ROM, Recovery ClockWorkMod & Flashing
Micromax Funbook P300 is currently the hottest selling budget Android 4.0 tablet in India, and it can be had for as low as Rs. 5,699 online or from stores. The tablet has a good community support, with stable Jelly Bean releases as well.
Micromax Funbook P300 was released by Micromax earlier this year. Running Android 4.0 ICS and with an affordable price tag of Rs. 5,999 it’s hard not to get why this tablet became so popular. And thanks to it’s big sales and popularity, community support cropped up with CM9 (Cyanogen Mod 9) and soon to be followed by a CM10 (Cyanogen Mod 10) release. Before that we have to get your Funbook ready for flashing a Custom ROM for which we have prepared a guide.
Micromax Funbook Root
The Micromax Funbook comes pre-rooted by the manufacturer, which is a big boon. You don’t have to separately root your Funbook.
Micromax Funbook CWM Recovery
Installing Clock Word Mod Recovery on the Micromax Funbook is another simple procedure. Follow these simple steps:
- Download THIS FILE
- Extract File to Internal SD Storage
- Install NovoTools v1.0
- Run NovoTools and choose “Flash Recovery”
- Recovery Flashed. Reboot in Recovery directly from within NovoTools
Micromax Funbook Jelly Bean CM10 Cyanbook v1
Guide to downloading and installing CM10 Cyanbook Jelly Bean on your Funbook. Follow these simple steps:
- Download Cyanbook JellyBean & GAPPS
- Copy files on External SD Storage
- Boot to Recovery from previously installed CWM
- Perform backup of current ROM if nessary
- Wipe Data/Factory Reset
- In Advanced Options, Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Go to “Install from SD Card” and install Cyanbook
- Go to “Install from SD Card” and install GAPPS
- Full Market support
- Bluetooth USB dongle
- PS3/ Xbox 360 and Generic Gamepads Support
- USB Audio Support.
- SmartAss V2 Governor
- Apex Launcher
- Kernel SamePage Merging (KSM) enabled Kernel
- Swap Internal – External SD-card through build.prop .. No script required. (check post # 3 on how to )
- Change to Phablet Mode via build.prop. (check post # 3 on how to )
- V6 supercharger and Adrenaline Scripts Included
Source for CWM recovery credit goes to akhilapila @ xda. And more guides can be found at Funbook@Gizmolord.
CyanBook Jelly Bean for Micromax Funbook is under active development by esteemed member karndev over at HackMyDroid Forums.
You can join in on the discussion on Micromax Funbook on popular Indian tech forum TechEnclave.
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it!YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
Preetam Nath actively follows mobile technology. He has been following computer hardware keenly since 2007, only to start digging more into mobiles ever since the smartphone revolution. Studying his Engineering at MIT Manipal, Preetam devotes most of his time to update himself with the latest happenings in the technology sphere.
19 September, 2012